Grate Paint is a high temperature, corrosion resistant, one coat decorative finish specially formulated for use on cast iron and steel. Most substrates including steel and its alloys can be coated successfully however, we recommend that each new substrate should be checked individually for its suitability. Optimum corrosion and abrasion resistance may be achieved by oven curing although curing will take place during operation of the product or components. A thin coating allows excellent heat transmission and is colour fast up to 350°C, when allowed to cure for 24 hours.
Directions for use
- Ensure surface to be treated is cool and any heat source is extinguished.
- Remove all rust, scale, dirt, grease and check surface is dry.
- Apply by brush or spray.
- Agitate paint until well mixed.
- Recommended thickness 22 microns ± 3 microns.
- Practice - this means apply in thin coats, allow to fully dry before applying next coat.
- Building up in layers this way gives maximum high temperature resistance.
- Coverage approximately 7m²/Litre at 20 microns.
- Use only Xylene thinners.
- Touch dry in 2-3 hours at room temperature.
- Oven cure - 20 minutes at 250°C metal temperature.
- Adequate ventilation should be provided at all stages of the curing operation.
Due to Royal Mail restrictions these items are now sent by courier.
- Additional Information
Dimensions No Delivery £6.50 Delivery: Scottish Highlands and Islands - From £16.78 Zone 1 Delivery: Republic of Ireland, Isle of Man, Jersey, Guernsey - From £20.83 Zone 2 Delivery: Belgium, Finland, France, Germany, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Sweden, Spain, Andorra, Denmark - From £22.76 Zone 3 Delivery: Poland, Malta - From £24.82 Zone 4 Delivery: Gibraltar, Norway, Russia, Turkey, Switzerland, Ukraine - From £29.55 Zone 5 Delivery: USA, Canada, Australia - From £26.50 SKU 0017 Estimated Delivery Time No